The EAFT fulfils these objectives via:
- public relations activities and campaigns designed to promote the importance of terminology and terminology work;
- the provision and exchange of information on terminological activities;
- the promotion of and support for conferences, events and workshops on relevant topics;
- the creation of Special Interest Groups (SIGs) focusing on particular domains;
- the promotion of and support for research in terminology and related issues;
- contributions to the education and training of people working with terminology in all capacities, and the formal recognition of academic and vocational terminological training courses at the European and national levels.